Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Africa

I went to Africa, and here is a little bit about Africa. Technically it was specifically Kenya and in Kenya it was specifically in Kisumu. It took three planes to get there. One to London where we had a 14 hour layover with my Dad's family. I slept through most of it though because I didn't sleep on the plane. Then one to Nairobi and then one to Kisumu. It is a very hot part of the world because it is very near the Equator. And when I was there I went over the Equator twice. I also went camping. I would have gone on a Safari but I was sick that day and a few days more so I missed out on the Safari but I saw some other stuff. The weird thing about the camping place was that you slept in a tent but there was a wooden outhouse and a pingpong table. You could also play darts with actual spiky darts you don't want to get hit by. You could also play Twister and other games I think. I'm not sure though. It's been a while. Four years approximately. But I know definitely we had a barbecue in a big stone thing about 20 feet from the tents and I believe there was a big wire elephant.

We went to Africa because we have some friends there who are missionaries and we were going to stay with them. I forgot to mention I went to a school for street boys there. It was an experience. Mostly I stayed home while Mom and Dad were on the streets with real street boys. But sometimes there were exceptions. Like sometimes the Dad of the missionary kids took me to swimming pools but a lot of the time I was on the computer playing games with him.

While we were there one of the missionary kids lost a molar. There was lots and lots of blood. In the sink mostly.

We also rode a boda-boda and before that we saw a chameleon in the road and we met some soapstone carvers who carved some soapstone for us.


Kwa heri


Have you ever been to Africa? Please let me know.



Jordan

8 comments:

  1. I've never been to Africa.
    What's a boda boda?

    Love
    Auntie Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sort of like a taxi, but it's a bike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you.
    Love
    Auntie Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your memories of the trip! We remember how much fun it was to have you and your family here visiting us. I'm looking forward to seeing you in Ocean Park this summer!

    Love,
    Eden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Do you know if I got most of my facts right?

      Delete
  5. Wow! What an experience you had. I have never been to Africa, but through reading your blog, I felt as though I was experiencing it with you! You have a wonderful writing style, Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I haven't checked my blogin a while.

    ReplyDelete